View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whatsgoingon

Made it to day 7

The first three days were the worst, I was dreaming about booze. I feel now I have overcome my first hurdle and this has encouraged me to push on.

Today I’m at day 7 but instead dealing with cravings I’ll dealing with boredom. Without booze I strangely feel like I’ve got nothing to look forward to. I wondering what am I going to do tonight. That’s pretty sad and just about sums up how dull my life is, which is probably a contributing factor to my alcohol consumption.

This whole alcohol thing has so many layers. It’s too simplistic to say just stop drinking because this in itself brings up so many more questions. I’m asking myself why I drink and what started me drinking and why I’m finding it difficult to stop. That’s what 30 years of drinking does to you. The booze has become an emotional crutch, a hobbie, a best friend or just something to do. I wish alcohol was as demonised in society as cigarettes or cocaine but because its not this only adds to both the confusion and the struggle. On one hand we all know how bad alcohol is for us but on the other hand everyone is doing it! It’s literally the only addictive drug people actually encourage you to do.

Jeez, what a crazy world we live in.

Anyway, enough of me ranting, it’s day 7 for pete’s Sake! Yeah! Go me!!