View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Branches

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Really not sure what to do regarding any help from SR. Some people here seem to feel that after all this time, I should of gotten it, and their probably right. Letting go of SR is like losing a friend. John
"Some people" may think you should vote a certain way, eat a certain way, drive a certain type of car, etc. Do you listen to them?
I have not been pursuing sobriety long here, but I have been reading here a loooong time. Have I seen a few "get real and snap out of it" posts? I have. I have also seen many, many, many words of support, encouragement, compassion, shared experience, kindness, empathy, etc. As you say, people come and go here, but there are some bedrocks of compassion and wisdom that are here all the time, like our Big Daddy Dee 74. Like Hevyn. Like Least. Like Gilmer. And there's many more, but my brain isn't retrieving their names at the moment. I hope that before you take off for a while, you will consider that sometimes people read quickly and react in print - sometimes things are misread or misinterpreted. The tone of voice is absent in a typed response. So are smiles and hugs except for emojis. Apparently you helped a couple of people too with your posts. I think they're going to miss you. Could you reconsider? Come back in a few days?