View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 10:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Hi Wf

I'm sorry you are struggling. I think rehab is a great idea if you find yourself unable to detox on your own, or with some medical assistance. It definitely is not a fix however. That strong desire to quit, more than anything else, is really necessary. I am grateful for rehab however, for sure.

Speaking from personal experience, I invite you to really think about why you want to go to rehab out of the town you live in, or even in another country. Its not a 'bad' thing necessarily, but there are down sides to consider. It is powerful to establish a network of people and/ or meetings in the area in which you live. That way when you get home you aren't alone again, ya know? Its just something to consider. I mean, rehab in Thailand does sound really cool, don't get me wrong. But I just advise you to consider the 'motive' for wanting that. Is it escape? Or is it truly that the best option is in another country. If its the latter than that sounds like a good decision. But I've found that there is no escaping me. And finding me? I'm right here. There's just been times I didn't like the me that was right in front of me. Anyway, I hope that makes some sense.

Hang in there.