Thread: never ends
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Why is it that when I'm completely honest on this forum, I get slammed. The last time I was honest about my drinking, I got a PM from someone reaming me over it. I've seen many people here that have also been here for a long long time that are still struggling with drinking and most of what they get is support and understanding. Enough is enough!!!! John
I don't see anyone "slamming" you John - perhaps some tough love, but in general everyone here seems to be supporting you and sending either positive or constructive comments. You should see some of the PM's I have gotten over the years here if you want to see some hate ;-)

You have to understand though that if you are going to be honest about your drinking, people are going to be honest with you about the fact that even drinking "a little" is not a good thing. You are a very different person when you are sober - and you've provided a tremendous amount of support to others here when you were sober as well. I truly understand that it seems like people might be "attacking" you when they mention your drinking - but part of that is the denial your addiction helps create inside your mind. I understand you've made some progress this summer and that's great - but if you truly want to start seeing the benefits of sobriety, you have to stop drinking completely - it's a fairly simple ( but not "easy" ) concept. I wish you the best of luck in your journey.