View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by Kath50 View Post
I’ve just had my blood test results back from the doctor and thankfully all seems well apart from my C-reactive protein level which doc says is high. They aren’t willing to do anything more just for now as this is only my first bloods after quitting. Does anyone else have any experience of elevated levels and if so, what was the outcome? I understand that it means there is inflammation somewhere in the body and that you cannot find the source just from the test. My doc was quite rushed with giving the results and I didn’t have the time to question it whilst I was there as I was processing all the information being discussed!
Geez...some Dr.'s can be so obtuse or whatever you want to call it. He should have explained it better to you...BUT, patients need to be more assertive in asking questions too. If he seemed in a hurry, I'm sorry....You are paying for the Dr.'s visit, the least he could do was give you an opportunity, but it sounds like he was rushed....I'm sorry hon, what you're going through. Hang in there!!