Old 08-29-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nicnac86

Help new here: need to get off Benzos alone

I have 9 years clean off opiates in November. 2 months ago I had a panic attack, full blown, which triggered really bad anxiety. My dr ($140 a visit) prescribed me klonopin 1mg one time at night. It worked good for the first week and I suppose the tollerance was built up. I then got 1 and 2mg Xanax which I still have about 30 of along with the rest of a prescription of klonopin (about 15). I acquired avout 8 .5mg Ativan and about 25 Valium from a friend who just had them left over.
I currently am taking 3mg of Xanax every night.. which yes calm me but don’t mess me up any kind of way, and I want to get off of them. I don’t have insurance.. psyc drs and counselors are not affordable for me, and I need advice from peers on getting down off of these. I’ve read the klonopin and Xanax are shorter acting and the Valium is longer acting. That Valium is longer acting and used for tapering a lot. Should I cut down the Xanax and start tapering with the only 25 Valium that I have? I have only been on them for 2 months maybe 9 weeks.. no idea what to do but I found this forum. Can anyone recommend anything? Will I feel like crap just taking 1/2 a xan for a week and then just stopping since it’s only been 9weeks or should I involve the Valium in this? The other Benzos mentioned that I have I’m willing to get rid of them no problem. I’ve gotten off of hard opiates and other things in my life time.. I can do it and really do not mind feeling crappy a little I just need to know the best way, thanks!!

Last edited by Nicnac86; 08-29-2018 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Add sentence