View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 10:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bunchie

Originally Posted by Purpleman View Post
Sorry to be a bit of a wet blanket here, but I find these kinds of posts judgemental & disrespectful. Our decision to be alcohol free doesn't make us better than others. We don't suddenly become cool kids, or part of any special club. It wasn't all that long ago that we were those people that we're now so quick to jump up on our highhorses & judge.
The only side of the street we need to keep clean is our own.
I agree with you wholeheartedly, and since I have been sober, just a short time , a little over a month, I noticed at AA meetings that members with lots of sobriety time look down on us newcomers, this really annoys me , it's childish and hypocritical to what AA trys to teach. One other thing , I am certainly not ready to be going out with my old drinking buddy's and when or if I am ready , I will hopefully have the sense to leave before they become drunk not because of haughtiness , because I will fear a relapse, I loved getting drunk I just can not do it anymore.My hat is off to people who can do this , you must be truly recovered, all I think about is alcohol right now, and sobriety. However I do not want to be thinking about sobriety the rest of my life, non alcoholic's do not dwell about sobriety , why should we.