Thread: Is it me?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by jdl1166 View Post
What I get from that is that she hasn't accepted or believes she has a problem even thought she is going to AA. Or am I wrong?
Hi jd, good to see you back (not the situation that brings you here, of course).

To answer your question, I don't know if she does or doesn't but I do know that's on her side of the street.

In my opinion no, you aren't wrong. You can tell whomever you want why you separated, that is not a secret as far as I can tell, your truth is your truth, you have no obligation to keep that secret.

I don't know that I would have done that though. You probably know this would feel destructive to her? The fact that she found out means it has gone further than your close friend? I guess I just wouldn't want to kick someone when they are trying to heal.

What was your motivation for telling him/her?

As for AA, if you mentioned she is going to AA, well I would consider that to be out of line. You are also under no obligation to keep that a secret, you are not an AA member and so I guess you needn't feel that obligation.

Personally, I would not have disclosed that to a friend out of respect for the anonymity of the group, but that's just my personal opinion.