Old 08-25-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hawking22

Would you be willing to share your physical transformation?

Hey fam,

I saw a post from another member stating they giggled waking up half expecting a dramatic transformation in 24 hours, and it got me thinking. I'm still going strong in my longest sobriety stint yet (52 days today) and this has been my best recovery experience yet! I have to admit though, I'm pretty bummed about my lack of physical transformation. I was drinking almost a 750ml a day and not eating too much granted. I am eating fully balanced meals now and am being a lot more cognizant of what I put in my body. I have been drinking a LOT more coffee than I ever have been (about half a pot a day) which I feel has been the only other difference BUT:

- I haven't lost a single pound, in fact, I feel like I'm gaining weight
- I'm constantly bloated all of the time
- My skin has gotten super oily and I'm breaking out a lot more frequently
- My joints feel a lot more stiff and crack more

I'm also not sure if I'm being impatient, but it gets pretty discouraging at times. I know everyone is different but I was wondering if others would be willing to share how they transformed physically (if at all) and at what stages in their recovery?

P.S. The mental transformation and benefits I've experienced in sobriety far outweigh any physical discomfort or lack of positive physical transformation. I'm still committed to this!