View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bunchie

Originally Posted by Cascabel View Post
I don’t agree with your “just suck it up” philosophy. Unless you have suffered from depression I don’t think you have any idea what it is like. It isn’t just feeling a bit down, it is an unending and crushing sense of hopelessness and pointlessness. I went through a six month spell of depression; I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Temporary medication finally put an end to it, thank heavens. If you don’t know anything about how depression feels it’s probably best to keep your opinions to yourself.
You obviously misinterpreted what I wrote, they are overprescribing them to people is what I was implying, my wife does not need them she takes them , all her friends are in them , they were not clinically depressed, some had post partum, actually one of her friends got off them because they made her suicidal. My opinion is that the medical profession makes money , obviously the drug companies as well, and they are prescribed to people who do not need them. I'm sorry if I offended you, I have a dear friend who was clinically depressed is is now doing better, but he will be on them for life, you implied that you were depressed but are not now, so in your case your depression has been cured! That's great I am glad for you , but do you think because someone becomes an alcoholic and suffers anxiety they should do antidepressants? I do not not, from my understanding and I talked to a doctor who is an expert in the field of depression , they are over prescribed and he uses them as a last resort after behaviour modification, excercise, diet, group therapy and counseling.