View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bunchie

First of all I am not exactly a beacon of light or an expert on sobriety, only 22 days sober, but to me obviously it has to be the will to quit which sends us to places like AA and other support groups. I also believe we need help , some might not admit it but subconsciously they are getting help by just leading a sober life, it brings you to different places, the people you meet at these places become part of your life, I have met a half a dozen people in just a short few weeks , who don't realise I need them more than they need me, they fulfill a need in my life and I love it . When I arrive home from work I go to coffee shop see people sit and converse it's very social, at the gym I have booked up with people at pool and group excercising, I go to library and book store meet people I go out of my way to find out their names and I talk to them. So unless you lock yourself up in your house all day , believe me it's more than will power , will power pushes me into being social whereas when I drank I ignored people at gym, grabbed coffee and left , bought book and left never conversed , it's all good now.