View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hopeful528

A lot of newbies, myself included when i first started going to AA meetings, arrive the latest, and are the first to leave, and sit closest to the door. LOL pretty normal

Also, depending where you live, there are speaker meetings, as well as discussion.

The discussions are important for sobriety and growth, and for hearing different tips related to recovery, but at the beginning, speaker meetings mean you can arrive and exit without having to participate much in discussions.

Also, group sizes vary. There are two in my area that have 8 people or less, give or take, one is a women's only group, and male, the other a secular.

They can be refreshing and great at the start when large groups are overwhelming.

You're doing great. Keep up the good work. Don't worry about other's opinion in your sobriety journey. Its your business. If you do decide to attend the meetings, just know you're not alone in feeling that way. Alcoholics like to isolate and the idea of being around people can be overwhelming in the beginning.

Its important to find a sponsor that you click with as well as who can guide you as well as has the time. I know what you mean.