Thread: 2 months sober
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Merle1976

2 months sober

Hello,

I am just over two months sober from alcohol. I have tried to quit drinking many times but have always seemed to go back after some time has passed thinking that I can handle it. I started drinking in my early teens thinking that I was really cool at the time. Once I got out of high school I started drinking even more and was at the bars almost every night. I was hungover a lot at work but I never missed any shifts back then. At age 21 I rolled my first vehicle I owned drunk, miraculously survived and hurt no one else, paid my fines and the vehicle loan. But that didn't stop me. My alcoholism got worse and worse very quickly in my mid twenties, I missed work, showed up for work a couple times still drunk and made a really bad reputation for myself. I ignored friends and family who told me I was an alcoholic, thinking they were just being mean to me. I lost friends over the years, a few jobs and my self esteem. I have gone to AA in the past, but I didn't participate in group discussions. I slowly stopped going. Ive been to rehab a few years ago, but when I got home I drank again. Now that Im older I can understand the importance of staying sober and can fully accept that I am an alcoholic. I just need the help to stay sober, because after some time has gone by, its like I forget why I am doing this and the power of alcohol takes over my mind. I live in a small remote town so there is no AA, and I need to do this on line.

Thanks Guys