View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 08:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by DShe View Post
Even as I sit here and know what I did was not working my own program, I am not sure I would change it. I know I need to work harder.
It's not just not working your program, it's just not working. As you said above, plenty more where that came from with a price tag.

Are you just deflecting the anger at your Husband and his alcoholism on to the alcohol? You snapped, you didn't confront him or yell at him or tell him to stop? You dumped the bottle instead. Either choice would have about the same result, which is no result.

I'm guessing it didn't make you feel any better either? Well maybe for a few minutes.

You mention you have decided to stay in the relationship and that is certainly your choice. Thing is, if you hope to have happiness in your life you are going to have to focus on yourself and your life. You went down to the garage. I imagine you would like to have a Husband present maybe watching a movie and having a nice pleasant night? Nothing you do is going to change it.

I know the very long list of why I shouldn't pour out the alcohol: 3 C's; my AH will just buy more=even worse financial hardship; the arguement that will ensue; accept or move on, etc...
You do know I'm sure, you just aren't accepting it, why is that and how long has this been going on for?