Old 08-12-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
maia1234

S,
Welcome and glad you posted. I would say that your plate is full. I would highly recommend trying another alanon meeting or open aa meetings. I would read and practice their steps, find a sponsor, you my friend have nothing to lose.

I think it is great that you are moving. You need to cut contact with all the addicts in your life. Get a new phone number and only give it to family and close friends. For some reason, you are a typical codie and addicts seem to stick on you like a chewed up piece of gum on a bottom of your shoe. You are probably so kind and nice and try and help everyone. Mrs nice guy has moved on. It is time to think of your health and well being.

I would swear off all men for a year. It is your time to get your head on straight. We are no good to ourselves if we can't put on our oxygen mask first before helping others. This will be a long process as our addicts groom us to care of them and our importance doesn't exist.

Sell your stuff, move to Florida. Hit some meetings. I was so sick in my relationship that I attended 4 meetings a week plus SR every night, for 10 solid months. My life changed,I changed, but it took time. You can do this, but you need the tools to do it. Reach out to an addiction therapist now and when you get to Florida. These people understand us "codies" . There is a lot of help for us, but you have to do the work.

I wish you luck, read all over this forum you will learn a ton. We are all entitled to love life, even if we have to do it alone. Hugs!!