View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
trailmix

Hi Wireman and welcome, sorry you are in such a tough spot.

In my opinion the only thing you can do right now is take your focus off your Wife and focus on yourself and your Son.

The fact that he is showing signs of bulimia due to abuse is shocking. It's probably not as shocking to you? simply because you are living in a tornado of dysfunction and the dysfunction becomes the norm. Also when the alcoholic is in the throws of self destruction all focus tends to be on them.

You didn't cause it, can't control it and can't cure it. The only person who can do that is your wife. Certainly you can provide some support but honestly, your propping her up and perhaps suggesting rehab which she is not interested in (apparently) is not helping anyone.

Please know i'm not blaming you! I completely understand how the ship is sinking and you are just bailing water here but again, it's your Son that needs you right now.

I would take the money spent on rehab and direct that toward getting a therapist for your Son and heck maybe you two could go on a mini-holiday as well to clear your heads.

Al-Anon and Al-Ateen you would find would probably help you as well.

SR contains a wealth of information in the threads but also in the stickies that are found at the top of the forum. If you haven't seen them yet you might find these a good place to start:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...c-reading.html (Classic Reading)