Thread: Not a good man
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sadface

Thanks everyone, Luis (my husband) and I just talked on the phone this morning. Even though we are separated, he calls me every moning to see how we are. Anyway, he went to a AA meeting last night that his RA boss has been trying to get him to attend. His RA boss is a great help, he calls him at night to check on him, and is supportive. This is what my husband has told me. My husband says he is going to continue attending this meeting that he will not give up. We talked a little about it. I told him I was happy for him, becuase this is like education something he is giving himself and nobody can take away. We also talked about it has been a little over 9 mos since he quit meth; he is proud of that, and rightfully so. We talked about how much he has to thank God for. I should say, I also have to thank God for. Like most of you, after hearing about Richard, I have to count my blessing---the good in my husband. Thanks Girlfriend, I also agree, my husband has a lot of things he has done his past and present that he has to forgive himself about. In the past, when he was drunk, he told me a little about his past, but presently he states it they are things he needs to deal with himself. I hope these are signs of recovery. Another question; I am also working on my own changes, but how can I be of some support for him. Do I just be here when he wants to talk? I did that when he quit meth. I just listened.