View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
DreamCatcher17

I would much rather have someone see me at AA than someone see me blacked out wasted making a fool of myself. There is a pride that goes with Sobriety, at least for me there is.
I could only imagine the clients I could have lost if someone seen me at a bar act a fool the way I did. Or if I did the things I had done in public to one of my actual clients. I have been banned for life from bar's, luckily no client seen me that way and I walk into AA with dignity and knowing we are all there to better ourselves. I truly believe ALL humans should follow the steps in AA just replace alcoholic with whatever, butt-head, if you must. It humbles people and they have to look at themselves.

If you are so concerned about your neck of the woods, expand up the miles driven and head to another one. OR if this is a male, go to a women's only meeting, I bet he wont be there?

I want to be sober more than I want a drink and I will do WHATEVER it takes to be sober, no if's and or buts' or even who's about it. My life, they are not living it or paying my bills.

I wish the best for you. Find what works for you, but don't stop being stopped! Whatever it takes.