View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
August252015

I'm going to go out on a limb here and talk about real life things exactly like having and keeping a job.

I took my sobriety as a matter of life and death, immediately, when I first quit drinking. While at two and a half years sober, my recovered self is not in danger of a quick death by drinking, as long as I do not drink...every choice I make is about my recovery.

Every choice.

That has included decisions to keep a job, risk losing one, leave one myself...because everything whether making a living, keeping an apt of my preference, having a car, filing for bankruptcy if I couldn't pay off debts...absolutey everything was unimportant compared to being sober.

Not easy. Lots of thought and things I learned in AA out into scary seeming situations. My experience may be or sound extreme but my point is to illustrate what "cants" had to be ruled out of my life.

I would also add hat plenty of people look into online AA meetings, some like Dee use SR as their program to longtime sobriety, and perhaps there are other programs available to you locally.

If you truly want to get sober, there is always a way. Some ways make it easier than others, as most of us might tell you, and a plan of action is critical to me like many others. Going it alone is a tough choice from what lots of people I have heard can attest.

Best to you.