View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Morning Everyone! How exciting Snufkin on your new addition to the family, hope that Leon is as excited as you about it! I know my Ollie won't have it, he is the king of this castle and that is the way he wants it to stay haha!

Well, off to my first AA meeting tonight. Been putting it off and being lazy to be honest but it's part of my recovery plan and I just need to bite the bullet and get myself there. Quite nervous about it and I can feel my mind coming up with all sorts of excuses and anxiety building but I am going to meditate a few times today to try and keep that whirring mind in check. xx
It helps me to think through the things that I am actually nervous about....is it walking into a room of strangers? Cos you mastered that with your courage at rehab. Is it feeling like you will HAVE to share? You won't. Is it wondering if they will be nice people that you can relate to? They will. They will be lovely.

And you know what else....you can leave if you don't like it.
There are lots of meetings and some feel more comfortable than others.....thinking of you. Sending love. ♥♥