View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 09:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
BarbieKen

Well, here I am 5-1/2 years sober. My husband is 11-1/2 years. Quite a big gap there, right? We both are active in our recovery via AA.

Though we both no longer drink, I DO still snore very loudly! I have since I was a teeny child, I'm 60 now. My sweet hubby & I celebrated our 30th in April. I should add that he's living his Dream and plays in a rock band (he pursued this after getting sober, I'm so proud and HAPPY for my guy).

This Spring we "gave up" pretending we slept in the same bed. I slept in our bed, and he went to OUR uncomfortable couch. Our solution: We bought a Day Bed online & one of these mattresses they ship. Pretty amazing actually and very comfortable.

So, we put that in the TV Room. He says he sleeps SO much better. We still have snuggle time, but sleep time is for sleeping.

There is obviously many emotions now with you OP, because YOU are feeling again! It was overwhelming for me, but I did start living my life ODAAT, not just with my drinking. Please, have trust in your HP.
Bobbi