View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
taplow

Some lies probably.

I was confused about the number of units in a litre bottle of vodka. I've got an idea it's less than other spirits. I've looked online and recieved varying numbers. If so many sources can't agree on the strength then why should we believe anything else they say about it. I'm not so sure about the units scale and how it links with damage from alcohol.

I don't trust much in what I'm told from authority anymore. For instance, HIV AIDS is rarely transmitted by vaginal intercourse despite the warnings. How many times does it change about how it's carbohydrates that stop you losing weight or a week later it's fat that's the culprit. Just an example - there's loads of this unreliable information that's taken as fact. There's so much nonsense being delivered that I'm reluctant to listen to "experts" all the time.

I'm not saying that you should be in the grip of an addiction. I'm just thinking that maybe everything they say about alcohol isn't so bad as they're going on about. Think of it from their point of view. After all, if saving money for healthcare by stopping the few people at risk means inconveniencing the vast majority, they're not going to care.
I know that with my medical conditions, doctors are always wanting to over proscribe medication. It gets you out of their surgery and if you were to develop any any side effects, it would probably no longer their problem - not doubt retired on their hefty pensions.

I know from my own experience about what they call addiction, so I'm not questioning it or anything. I'm just wondering if sometimes scare stories push people into a sort of lifestyle that they really don't belong in. Oh you're drinking so and so, which will kill you, when probably it wouldn't.
I'm not wanting to discourage anyone from stopping alcohol or drug use as I think it's bad, a terrible thing, a complete waste of your life.

It's just that I think if there was more honesty, less of an all encompassing denial then it might lead to more success with the people with the real problems.