Old 08-04-2018, 01:44 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Auchieshuggle

Originally Posted by ljc267 View Post
I was really ready to quit at that point. It had beaten me down mentally and I knew something had to change.

Physically I stated feeling better rather quickly. Although it took a good year to feel 100%.

Mentally was a more difficult. I had a lot of anxiety for a good 6 months. It slowly dissipated over time. I would guess 1 year I started to feel good regularly.

Give it time and stay with it.

A saying really helped me understand the process and it is: If you walk 5 miles into the woods you have to walk 5 miles out.
I went ten days! Now recovering from a four day binge. My psoriasis is worse than ever, I feel anxious and unwell. I was having nightmares about drinking.

I NEED to stop, I MUST stop, but every time I 'quit for good' I seem to capitulate to the urge to drink. I'm fed up with it.

I am 100% sure my life would be better without alcohol, but I can't seem to stay on the wagon. The thing is I have been sober for nine mobths before...and I'm quickly approaching forty, and I haven't accomplished many of the things I wanted to. Depressing.