View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Minion09

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
LadyBlue and Lunar - so nice to hear things are going well for both of you.

Congrats on your sober time, and LadyBlue congrats on the cigarette quit. It feels great to be someone who is living as designed, without adding a bunch of outside drugs.

I will probably not give up my one cuppa morning coffee or my pint of Ben and Jerry's froyo once a week. I am trying to get out of the gluten undertow though. It's been trying to drag me under lately. Ugh. Once I start...and if I mix gluten and sugar - it's a problem.

We have rain! The trees are needing it badly. Lately I've been noticing all the old huge trees. I found some old-growth cedars and Douglas firs in the parks, and a few 200-300 year old Maples at the zoo. Pretty amazing, and they seem to do fine, but the younger trees are droopy.

Minion, we are the support system. As I've often read, come here and ask permission to drink. I live alone and don't have any family. This was my life-saver in the beginning when I felt out-of-control mentally.

When I was in early days I would get a craving to drink and if I was not close to this site, I would start listing the usernames and think, "Every one of them would tell me not to do it. I don't drink." It was surprising how many usernames I could think up - but I was in several ongoing threads - this one, my class thread, the 24 hour thread. The exercise distracted, gave me time to let the urge pass, and reinforced my decision.
Thanks Biminiblue, YES, you are all my support system for realz!! Thanks for the encouragement! Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!! I’m doing ok, hitting a meeting in a few, and here and AA is where I’ll plant my feet this weekend! So grateful to you all for the wisdom and support. It will be an awesome weekend!! Can’t believe that tomorrow is 60 days... ohhh how things have changed for the better!! Yes the emotions are still a bit rollercoaster style, but I’ll take the ups and downs as each day I’m learning to live life on life’s terms!! Going to get a yummy decaf blueberry coffee before the meeting and settle in for some good stuff! Thanks again everyone! 💕