View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
lynnmarie123

I guess I just have to write about what happened so I can process and get on with life...stop ruminating over it.
It's less about what happens and more about how you react to it.
And even though this is a marijuana forum, what happened yesterday was about alcohol, but as I see it; addiction is addiction no matter what the drug of choice it. And I feel at home here rather than the alcohol forum.

Yesterday I was invited to a garden party that started at 11AM. The hostess started us off with a drink (alcohol) while we toured her garden. I opted for iced tea.
The first course for lunch was a shot of Kahlua, vodka and 7-Up. She asked me if I wanted a virgin shot, to which I said yes. Then she asked me if I drank coffee, again yes. She said she could do just Kahlua and 7. Non-alcoholic Kahlua? No, but it's a very low %. Really? Seriously? I declined. Shake my head and roll my eyes.
All during lunch the booze flowed and flowed hard. She kept pushing the drinks on everyone all the while pouring twice for herself and eating nothing.
Typical alcoholic. Takes one to know one.
By the time the party was over she was hammered. A few people were bothered by this and we left promptly.
All day yesterday and into the morning today, I've been thinking about it and I hate when my mind is on rewind.
I'm now working on forgetting the acts of others and thinking about how I responded. What she did has no bearing on me. The important thing is that I didn't drink! That is what I need to focus on. That is what matters.
I guess I just needed to get that off my back.