View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KarltheheretiK

Originally Posted by LFCNZ View Post
Hi

40 days sober here after around 120 days sober and then a month or so of drinking off and on.

This time around I have started going to AA meetings, however I am finding the whole spiritual emphasis that is in the meetings a bit hard to come to grips with.

Just wondering how other Atheists who do AA have dealt with this?

I don't believe in any sort of spirituality, I believe we are born, we live, we die and thats it.

I do believe in a sort of karma, not in a spiritual sense, but more in that the way you treat people is probably how they will treat you, treat them badly then they are likely to treat you badly.

Anyways any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Craig
How about this one? I totally believe in a Higher Power, but I totally believe that Higher Power doesn't give a **** about us. HP made everything and just set it in motion. So how useful would that be at an AA meeting? I've never considered AA much because of the religion involved. I recently ran across a comment on another sobriety site wherein someone proclaimed that AA isn't really that religious at all. So I looked up some local meetings and almost every single one of them was at a church. Secular my ass!