View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KarltheheretiK

Originally Posted by AmbyMarie View Post
Okay, so I’ve made it 10 weeks and have ZERO desire to drink, I can’t stand the thought of alcohol!! And after week 1 of sobriety, I started feeling better, less anxiety, sleeping better, more energy etc. However, the last week or so, I have been feeling paranoid and suffering from the health anxiety I had in the beginning to where it’s on my mind constantly and I’m started to wonder if I’m having psychosomatic symptoms because of course I’ve ran to Dr. Google a few times🙄 For one thing, a few months back, I hurt my right shoulder at work and it hurt off and on for a month. Now it seems to be hurting again and I think it is due to liver damage ugh!! I’m constantly checking my eyes even though they are bright white, but I imagine there is a spot of yellow. I also feel “twinges” in my right side after Dr. Google! I felt great, so if my liver was screwed, why would I start getting “symptoms” over 2 months of staying sober?? I’ve also adopted a vegan lifestyle for the last 5 weeks so not sure what is going on!! Is this common? I abused alcohol on and off for 14 years, only taking breaks during my 2 pregnancies. I was a binge drinker, getting drunk 2-3 days a week towards the end, but I always liked to party when I was younger! The thought of having liver disease at 35 years old scares me and I think that is why I’m imagining “symptoms” all of a sudden!! I know I need to get a checkup, but need to save some money. Can anyone else relate? Is this an anxiety thing? Is this common in recovery?? When I was drinking, I never really thought about my liver, now I’m obsessed with it!
I am NOT a doctor, but I do love to play doctor, so here goes...

1) Is any of your anxiety have anything to do with LeBron going to another team? If no, then...

2) Don't assume being a vegetarian can automatically fix everything. Being a veg can be tricky. There are 20 different amino acids the body requires for health and it manufactures 11 of them. The other 9 you need to get from your diet. If your veg diet isn't properly varied enough, you can have health issues. And I'm not even going to go into vitamin requirements for good health. Amino acids are just the basic building blocks for life.

3) Remember one very important thing... the liver can repair itself. The longer you don't drink, the better it will get, especially at your young age. Sure, you'll feel a twinge here and a tweak there, but detox is never easy and is often accompanied by a small amount of discomfort.

4) As a former psychology student, I can tell you that self-diagnosis is not the way to go. Tell Dr Google to screw itself.

5) Mentally speaking, if you can latch on to whatever made you stop drinking during your 2 pregnancies, you should do so. When it comes to addiction, having someone(s) to be sober for can help.

That's it... the doctor is out, lol!