View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
VigilanceNow

Hi Amby,

I think you know that the worst thing you can do for yourself is obsess over what you find on Google!! Of course it is a great resource, but you're just driving yourself crazy. I was a terrible binge drinker as well, and went through withdrawal multiple times. In the days following the last drink, as withdrawal would go up and down making me feel awful, I would google my symptoms. Much of what I found was totally inconclusive. Example: I used to get horrible dry mouth after binging as well as slight overgrowth of candida on my tongue (coated tongue). This particular symptom can be anything from simple candida overgrowth to the flu to strep throat to literally AIDS!! So don't give in to the urge to diagnose yourself. You're obviously smarter than that.

I think it should be a priority to get a checkup. Checking your liver requires a simple blood test, and there are usually ways to have your employer pay for it or through a GP; have you researched these avenues? Just get the darn checkup! You're probably fine, and the symtpoms you've mentioned are likely due to your diet change (veganism does take its toll on the body, and not always in a good way).

Be brave