View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
badgerden

oh I am so going to need this weekender thread, husbands family picnic is saturday, which means we will leave home at 2pm tomorrow drive for 7 hours, check into a hotel, go to the picnic, leave early drive 4 or so hours, check into another hotel, (breaking up the drive home), get up, drive 4 more hours home, change clothes so that I can be at work at 2pm sunday for a 10 hour shift. I wont go into the drama that will happen at the picnic itself, someone will hurt husbands feelings, he will get all bent out of shape, be king martyr, take the football (so to speak) and go home (hurray!). Plus this will be my first in a long time sober, as much as my AV would justify and encourage, I am really to tired and unmotivated to go through all the work involved in drinking. You all know, I would have to buy a big box of wine, tear up and throw the box in a garbage can not near my house, empty water bottles, try to stuff them into my back back so that they wont come open and spill over everything. Than have massive anxiety attacks throughout the whole trip over them breaking open, getting squished or something, Then figuring out how to access the wine while at the picnic without drawing attention to the fact that I am going to the car every half an hour. I cannot believe that is how I behaved for years and truly believed I was fooling everyone,, wow so sad. really.

I will however be raiding the picnic table with all the desserts on it every half an hour,,,,,

Badge