Old 07-25-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Branches

From what I've read, it's not always the how much you drank. Could you stop drinking with just one drink at a session? Did alcohol have a negative impact on your life as in your health or your actions or were friends concerned? When you think of not drinking again ever, do you shrug as if someone told you you could never eat a doughnut again, or do you feel a little anxious at the word "never." I was a 3/4 of a bottle of chardonnay person or two or three mixed drinks a night . I have never had a DUI or the DTs or had people tell me the awful thing I did when I was loaded - yet. I decided to quit now because three drinks a day is in no way good for you - and it wasn't - and because sometimes I found myself driving to the liquor store to buy tequila even if I didn't feel particularly like a drink. It was a habit. And the fact that you're thinking "I'm not as bad as THAT" could be what is referred to as your "alcoholic voice" looking for an opportunity to coax you back into consuming alcohol. You know the people who don't belong here? The ones that maybe have a drink or two every couple of weeks or months and sometimes don't even finish their drink - as if it's a cup of coffee that got cold. If they couldn't ever drink again, they'd say, "Bummer. Oh, well. Guess I'll eat more ice cream."