View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Atlast9999

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I think going forward and since your husband sounds problematic, you could just leave the parties to him.

Take a weekend at the beach instead.

Yeah I know that sounds like WW3, but why is what he wants more important than what you want?

As far as this upcoming party, I don't see why you can't excuse yourself up to your room at any time after the, "activities." Leave the drinkers to fend for themselves - your husband can be in charge of drinking activities. If he's not willing to accept that kind of solution then your problem is a lot bigger than you not drinking.

FWIW, I don't care if people know I used to drink too much and I've quit. They'll think what they want, regardless of the spin I might try to put on it.
You’re kind to label him problematic...my verbiage is typically much more colorful! He definitely has his own issues with alcohol, hence his hyper focus on my social skills regarding alcohol. I foresee a future where I won’t care who knows about my drinking and the reason behind quitting - it’s just an uncomfortable and vulnerable place for me right now.