Old 07-25-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Checking in, Wayfarer. Is today Day 3? How are you doing? Recovery is a rollercoaster ride. Expect it will be hard, then you think you’ve got this, then it gets hard again and so on. It took me about six weeks before I started to feel regularly normal again but a year before I felt like I was really on my way. I’m a year and a half now and recently had some difficulties thinking I might relapse, but started coming here again and found so much support. I have made this a daily practice now to check in even if I don’t post anything. I have committed to having a support system as a lifetime practice. Even after I felt strong, there’s so much social pressure to easily get pulled back in and I feel that I need to belong to a sober community. I’ve also done therapy and meditation (medication too).
Do you have a long term plan? I think this is important for long term sobriety.
Like others have said here.....stay away from that first drink and don’t let your mind trip you up thinking moderation is possible. Most of us have tried that and ended up right back where we were, even worse, even if moderation worked for a little while.