View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Truthseeker11

Originally Posted by Laura3 View Post
What makes people like that, I always had a problem with recovery groups. I've decided the meetings just won't work for me.
I understand that feeling. I’ve been to four different ones and only yesterday did I find a group that I felt was just right for me. There were lots of both genders, all ages, tattooed 20 something’s, younger women, middle women, there were even some really rather good looking guys but I was warned against the “13th step” lol. Some people really were friendly and introduced themselves and I got the feeling finally that I might actually enjoy this group. It was large too, maybe 35-40 people so I felt I could just sit in the back and listen.

I do find the repetition of the steps and everything a bit odd but I guess it’s for all the newcomers. There were five of us newcomers. My advice would be to check out some different ones because I too felt the same as you. I still don’t think it’s exactly for me but I actually liked this interesting group of characters and I would like to go back. The one I went to the day before didn’t seem like “my people”, no judgement it just wasn’t a good fit for me.