Old 07-23-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Verdantia

Hey, Truthseeker. This is the truth for me: moderation is impossible. I have no 'off'switch when it comes to booze. I believe that once you've had to go to the ER because of drinking it is too late to drink in moderation again. For me it's too difficult to negotiate with myself--when will I drink? What will I drink? How much? It's easier just to be sober and enjoy my improved body image, my positive mental outlook, the renewed respect from my friends and family and the pride I feel as someone no longer enslaved to drink.
Perhaps you will be the one who can moderate--I think going for 30 days is an excellent start if you just can't see yourself quitting for good. I hope once you see the improvements in your life after a month (and you will see them) you will continue down the sober path. A lot of improvement takes longer than a month, though. It's took me several months to begin to feel really good and steady. I'm at 2 years 7 months now and have no desire to return to the horror of my previous life--this new one suits me far better. Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.