Old 07-23-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Truthseeker11

Well all I have to do is look in the mirror at the 20 lbs of alcohol weight I gained, my wardrobe that no longer fits, the energy I never have, the money I’ve spent on alcohol, among other things. I have Naltrexone which works for me, I have to take a lower dose because of nausea but it works. I guess you could say I’m just very motivated this time. Workouts will become a daily part of my life. Reading books, reading SR, eating well again, practicing love for myself and others. I’m at the point of disgust. I detoxed in the ER for three hours then they sent me home to finish it with Librium. At some point we have to get our strength within ourselves even though suppprt is so very important. That’s what I’m here on this forum right now.

After 30 days I really don’t know. My psychological and spiritual journey will never end so I can’t say if I wouldn’t slowly start using it as a crutch again, however, I know I have been able to stop at two drinks in the past. The only way for me to know is to try. I do feel very confident that I will never go back to where I was three days ago. But I just don’t know. Psychologically it’s so so much easier for me to aim for 30 days than to say never again. I hope people understand where I’m coming from. I’m ready for this particular challenge. I can’t say never again for life.