Thread: Gabe's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Bit of an emotional basket case today but definitely feeling better. I cried a lot and figured a lot of stuff out too. It was cathartic and I realised that if I had stated drinking on Saturday I would have still been emotionally sitting in the dark, not understanding all the conflict I was feeling. Strange emotions today. Desperation in part and anger for being stuck with this and not being able to use drink to cope......grateful for being stuck with this and not being able to use drink to cope.....tearful at (you get the jist)

Beast activity this wkend included the following:

1) Now you have figured out that you need to work on being yourself, you can drink, because that is part of who you are and you were only trying to 'fix' it to be 'perfect' for everyone else.

2) If people don't like you drinking the **** them....you put up with plenty you don't like from them too.

3) When you (fill in the blank) this year you will have to drink because you can't go around feeling/behaving like this with other people who are trying to have a good time.

4) Once you properly heal all this emotional stuff you will be able to moderate. You only drink the way you do because of these unknown emotional issues that are coming to the surface.

5) It's ok to drink if you are going to see live music with Steve. Otherwise you are just boring!

Luckily I DON'T DRINK so all this chatter is just that.....chatter. It was a bit too loud this weekend for my liking but I have faith it will quieten down. Swearing and shouting out load at the beast seems quite effective too!

Lots of love everyone....especially those who had a rough weekend. Thanks as always...Gabe xxx