View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Atlast9999

Big party... starting to freak out!!

In a few weeks, my hubby and I are hosting a party to celebrate a big milestone. This party has been planned for over 6 months (prior to me becoming sober) and “save the date” went out over 3 months ago. We are expecting close to 100 people.

We have had parties like this before so I know what to expect. Thankfully, we have an intricate party planned with multiple activities that I am in charge of. With that, I know I will be busy with my hosting duties for about 6 hours.

After the activities, the “Normies” typically leave and that is where my concern lies. My hard partying friends stick around into the wee hours and the serious drinking starts.

I’ve already told my husband that I need an escape plan and have started to generate some ideas. I think it’s totally ok to run out for a coffee or a snack or really just to leave the house to catch my breath, even though I’m the host.

He doesn’t really understand and thinks I either need to muscle through it or divulge to everybody that I’m an alcoholic. I’m not on board with either of these ideas. I think muscling through is too tempting for me to drink and I don’t think have conversations about alcoholism with drunk people is beneficial.

I’m feeling more stressed every day and feel like I’m going to be one uptight, grumpy host by the day of the party.