Old 07-22-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TLC

[QUOTE=AnvilheadII;

your healing requires that you take drastic measures to create a safe and sane environment for yourself. he was and is an abuser. so he needs to go. banished. and everything and everyone associated with him.

boundaries give us the space we need around us to heal and grow. we must be diligent and vigilant.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Anvllheadll, !!!!!

Your words are true.

When his family contacted me and the nightmares came back. I felt the inner pull of that old hook trying to get back in. Which helped me realize 1) how far I've come and 2) how far I have to go. Having that visceral response, served as a good reminder that I have to keep protecting myself.

Its strange how sometimes distance and some peace, gets us to (in part) forget (even momentarily)

For me. Its so important to remember the 'whole package" which included terrible abuse. Yes! your words ring very true. And the feeling of being safe has been slow to return and I need to keep caring for myself unconditionally.

I would like to think that I'm strong enough to face certain things etc.. But the truth is that while I am feeling so, so much better, I still have gone through a horrible trauma that I am trying so hard to heal. The gift of space, peace, safety and self love is mine to give to myself.

(take drastic measures to create a safe and sane environment for yourself.)

Thanks for the reminder and encouragement.

Last edited by TLC; 07-22-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: sp