View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
kevlarsjal2

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Gosh, sorry for my bad mood today.....I need to snap the heck out of it. First-world issues and I need to, as us Aussie say "pull my head in".

Kev honey.....do I remember correctly that your BF wrote you a letter...from rehab....or do I have that wrong? I wanted to talk a bit more about that....but first I better check if I have it right.

I am thinking....not asking you to tell me where you live, but maybe just maybe one of us is close to you? Imagine that....a friendly SR that can drive you places. I am probably nowhere near you, and you may not want an Aussie who is still driving on the wrong side of the road in charge.

Sending you so much love.

I know what it feels like to miss someone very badly and want them back....it hurts so much. It takes a while to see this, but it is always a good thing in the end....because there is room in your life for the right person to come along. The one who won't keep walking away when things get tough. ♥♥♥♥

No need to be sorry for your bad mood, we're all just human after all!

Thanks for your words and for the love

That wasn't me who got a letter from rehab. He got sober nearly 6 years ago, before we met. For myself I came to the conclusion that the main issue for us as a couple was that we both are stress-heads and can get into phases where we feel extremely stressed just by every day life. And on top of that we can't distance ourselves enough from our partner's problems, making them our own and wasting all our time, energy and focus on trying to make the other one solve their problems, which then leaves us feel drained, exhausted and like we are giving so much without it being appreciated. And also by focusing so much on our partner's problems, we forget to take care of ourselves or simply don't find the time and energy for it. I think has done this even more than me but I also know that I tend to do that.

So right now I think he's back at feeling like he's given so much and his tank is empty which is why he can't even be there for me a little bit right now, cause he wouldn't be able to keep a healthy distance but feel emotionally overwhelmed by my suffering.

I don't know if anyone on here lives close enough, I'm far away in Germany....

I made it through the hell of withdrawal and somehow I will make it through the next 13 days too!

Oh and thanks for the link to that puzzle, bimini! It was fun but also reminded me of my ex / partner (it feels so wrong to call him ex!), we spend our summer vacations on the Greek islands and it was so lovely each time....