Old 07-20-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DreamCatcher17

I feel for you withdraw, I never experienced it but reading peoples experience makes me ill for them and you. I could not imagine.

When I got sober, I let go of almost all my drinking friends and going to a bar with in the first week was a no no for me, that smells like a relapse in the early days.
I am almost 10 months stromg and I have been to 1 bar, and that was a planned event and everyone there knew I was an alcohlic and that was 4 months in, which may seem too soon for most as well. But I was confident I was not drinking and I think if I had the people I was with would have kicked my ass, a well-deserved ass-kicking, to be honest. It would have been the stupidest thing I could have ever done for myself. That is going backward, I like to look and move forward.
If I did not give up the friends (opersona, place and things) I would still be in the horrible place I had been in for WAY too long, the insanity cycle would still continue, a job loss, losing a child, etc.... It was all real for me and that is where I was heading, that is not an option.
I have no desire to keep up an appearance with people, places or things that are bad for me.

There are many other programs out there, I hope you are able to find one that works. Now, we can not just go somewhere and expect to be better, we have to work for it,. every single day.

Have a wonderful day, please don't make any unnecessary stops to the gas station or the booze aisle, it is all lies!