View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Labatty

Feeling sad for a friend

My best friends brother in law passed away Saturday from Esophageal Varices. His roommate found him.

I watched her family fight so hard to get him help. He had done a stint in rehab a year and a half ago, but started again. A couple of months ago he had a seizure, was admitted to a hospital to detox.

This time they thought he was going to make it. I sat next to him in church a couple of weeks ago, he looked good & happy. He even volunteered to help with the music program at church. I guess he started hitting the bottle pretty bad again before he passed.

My friend is one of a few people that know how bad my alcohol use was.

I hate alcohol. I don't buy any of the health benefits bull crap. I can't see anything positive about it anymore. I have a lot of friends, including my husband that still drink. It's hard to be tolerant, but that's their choice. I wish people would never pick up in the first place.

I just wanted to share this. My friends brother in law was only 45 years old. My ex-husband, my kids dad, passed away 4 years ago from alcoholic liver failure. It devastated them. You would think that would have been motivation enough for me to quit earlier, but a lot of you know what a horrible hold alcohol can have on a person.

To all of you struggling please just quit, don't give up. Please