View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Minion09

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
The hour or so after work is my biggest trigger, too. In my old town we had meetings at 5:30 and that was a big help. Here they don't start until 8. Still helps, but not that go-to thing. I try to get a little snack around 4 and I take a big glass of tea with me when I leave. That helps some. I can read SR posts from my phone, but I get so busy I often don't do it. Praying helps, too. Trying to focus on my number one priority, not drinking, for a few minutes before the end of the day.
Today is two weeks! It's getting easier. I know from experience though that I can never just forget about it. Last time I relapsed I had over four months. I've heard of others relapsing after many years. Got to keep it first forever!
But, just for today, too. Kind of a paradox. But, just for today, my number one thing is not to drink.
Happy Wednesday everyone!
Congrats on 2 weeks Sober369 you’re doing it!! Yes!! A plan it key! Just for today works, even if it is just for this moment, 1 minute, one hour! Keep that focus! We will not drink today! It does get easier but some days will still be hard... just had a few slump days and holy heck they were challenging and tested my resolve but I’m just living in today, trusting my higher power to carry me and my stupid will through! For today, not my will but God’s right now! Today we will not drink! We are stronger together! 💕