Thread: big relapse
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by someday147 View Post
Hi all. Have had a major relapse and really don't know how to stop. 6 days so far at 15 cans per day maybe more. My behaviour is also getting really destructive aswell while i'm drinking. Just thought i'd post don't know what else to do
Welcome back someday. During the latter stages of my drinking returns to drinking were similar- i went from "a few" to full-on/everyday binge drinking within a matter of days.

I think in truth you do know exactly what to do, your addiction is just trying to tell you otherwise. Not only do you know what to do, you've done it before. It's a simple solution of course, but not "easy" - you need to stop drinking alcohol immediately.

Coming here was a great idea - did you have any local support at all last time you quit? If you truly feel that you would be in danger for serious withdrawals or cannot muster the confidience, seriously consider a supervised detox. As you said, your behavior is becoming more erratic as you drink - and extraordinary problems require extraordinary solutions.

Make no mistake though - you can quit and you can quit right now if you choose to do so. In fact, you are the only one who can make that decision.