Thread: Gabe's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I'm also really into investing my money for my future and my mother isn't getting any younger,so she won't be able to work forever. When I bring it up to her she says; "You have plenty of money..I'll live off of you!" and then laughs. I actually think she thinks/acts like she's joking,but I know her finacial situation,sooo... My mother also has a great job,BUT she lives,for free, in one of my investment properties and thinks she has this "extra money" now. The main reason I let her live there rent free now is to save for retirement. Last time I said something she 'offered' to move into an extra room at my house so I can collect rent on the unit?..Like I said..odd as hell. She lost her mother recently, so I'm letting it slide for now.
I can totally understand why your mum throwing money at your daughter and not saving is driving you a bit nuts just now. It's when you can see the furture coming and what needs to be done but have very little control as to whether these things are actually done or not. It sounds like you are really trying your best to support her....
My sister has the same perpective...any money is extra money...it's frightening xxx