Thread: Gabe's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
I know! They are all adults and it really has nothing to do with me. He can treat them like **** and if they choose to accept this then what can I do? I think I really have to accept that just because I see it as wrong, it doesn't mean they do..........and the only think I can control is whether or not I accept his behaviour towards me. Weirdly, these days, that tends to be ok!! Maybe cause I don't see him much
I'm also really into investing my money for my future and my mother isn't getting any younger,so she won't be able to work forever. When I bring it up to her she says; "You have plenty of money..I'll live off of you!" and then laughs. I actually think she thinks/acts like she's joking,but I know her finacial situation,sooo... My mother also has a great job,BUT she lives,for free, in one of my investment properties and thinks she has this "extra money" now. The main reason I let her live there rent free now is to save for retirement. Last time I said something she 'offered' to move into an extra room at my house so I can collect rent on the unit?..Like I said..odd as hell. She lost her mother recently, so I'm letting it slide for now.