Thread: Gabe's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 11:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Late check in today but I'm still here and still sober!

Made it through my first week and I'm feeling a fair bit more stable. I enjoyed having my parents here today and we just went out for long walk (me and mum), I have a brother age 40, who has been living with my folks for the last decade. I've been getting more and more angry with him over the last few years as I feel like he mis-treats them, takes advantage and is not helpful towards them and does not show them enough gratitude. He also abused my hospitality for many years and I know I have had this simmering anger that has steadily grown. I moved away a couple of years ago because I couldn't handle how the situation made me feel. My mum basically said that they don't see it like that and are alright with most of his behaviours. I am so angry over things that they are actually ok with!!

How do I start to let go of anger?? I know it's something that I need to think about and I want a better relationship with my brother. I need to not make these things mine. I'm in a cycle of getting really angry about this stuff then feeling horribly guilty for expressing it. It's been years. I need to let it go.

Any advice would be awesome. Thank you. Gabexx