View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
OMG you sound just like me. I think I'm having a panic attack just reading your post JK. Well not really.

The oceans are also getting too acidic....so there's that.

Yes the earth will continue. Homo Sapiens are an interesting animal. A freak of nature really. So willing to destroy the ground we walk on, the air we breath and the water we drink. When do you think the very rich will start building space stations? Probably already are. Oh well. I won't be on a space station.

Ah for the hunter gatherer days.....I'd be saber tooth chum for sure. Although I'm here so I must have had a bad azz ancestor somewhere in my lineage. But alas, those genes are long receded.
yep... writing was on the wall well before us, actually.... at this point it's clear that only the eventual, actual, near-and-present and no-longer-deniable awfulness of a global crisis will engage we stupid humans to a response. Perhaps it won't be 'too late' to save the species.... then again, perhaps by that time the best thing for the species will be extinction. The dinosaurs had their time..... who are we to think ours goes on 'forever', eh? Like each of us as individuals will perish, so too, perhaps, will all of "us" have a limited span....