Old 07-16-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Originally Posted by rolf1 View Post
I think maybe I am making things hard for myself, booze has had a devastating effect on y health, I'm very overweight because of booze and Im a diabetic. I thought that since I was giving up the booze I could also diet at the same time to get my weight sorted out and my blood sugar down, Im only having 5 protein shakes a day so maybe thats not helping as Im constantly starving. Everything I do is the same, if I drink I drink to the extreme, if I diet I diet to the extreme, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground for me, I have to see instant results or get instant gratification, its crazy but Ive always been the same.
OK, I guarantee THIS is a huge part of your problem. I just posted in another thread that it was impossible for me to try to tackle my weight and drinking at the same time. No way could I do that! So, I ate what I wanted for the first few months, not trying to go crazy, but allowing myself to enjoy food, and especially sweets! Once I hit the 6 month mark, I was evened-out to the point that I was excited to focus on losing weight, and I've been doing much better than I expected. You can definitely do this, it will just require you to think about your weight in the longer term, and your drinking as the "burning building" you need to escape from. You can do it!