View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
liz, i am glad you came to this decision before anything weird or crazy happened. i think i was pretty upfront/blunt over the years about this BF, as in not really a fan. i saw him slowly and methodically taking over....from car decisions, to work decisions, to him being your "financial advisor", all the while being emotionally unavailable and unwilling to commit.

i am glad he never offered up a ring before....i am glad you have learned as much as you have learned, and grown as much as you have grown, because it is all coming together FOR YOU - RIGHT NOW. the journey of a butterfly begins as it crawls out of the chrysalis, but then the butterfly must wait until its wings are fully dry and hardened before it can take flight. i think your wings are ready now....

ps- as for his RV crap? pffft. he can figure out a way to get them all by himself.
Anvil, yes I have a pretty good idea as to how you felt about him. My sponsor in program wasn’t too fond of him either.

But, what really triggered my finality on things was a male acquaintance at work. We were talking about his girlfriend one day and he said he doesn’t ask her to pay rent or any bills if they put her in a poor financial position. He said he’s have had those bills and mortgage to pay anyway. He felt that he wanted to help her financially and not hurt her because he loved her and wanted what was best for her.

Now, i’m pretty independent and I take pride in my ability to pay my own way, but dang it sure would be nice to meet a guy like that who recognizes the financial inequality, does things for you out of a place of love and caring. I realized that I would be better off on my own than being with my bf. I still love him, I miss his kids, I miss his smile........

Last night he texted me that he needs to give me my suitcases. I replied, “and the binoculars too.” He said, “oh I threw the binoculars overboard. Was that not right?”

I held my tongue and said, “yeah, but only if they were around someone’s neck.” His response was, “You weren’t there.”
Again, I held back and went with humor, “see...that’s why I didn’t go on the cruise. Self preservation.”

Oh boy.....if this is how he’s going to be I think I need to go no contact as I said before. I wanted to keep things open with him for a bit because we still have some household business things to settle. But after that i’m done.