View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
The truck is worth $12,000.00 so that would help a lot. Then I told him to just give me enough to pay the taxes. I bought a set of four tires for the truck they're still brand new and their at his house. They are worth over a thousand dollars.
I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this and letting me know what I see here.

That gesture, of asking him only for the tax money from proceeds of the sale, is very generous and kind.

Now, I don't know why you signed it over to him originally - if that was for some kind of debt (and you surely don't need to tell me if you don't want to, none of my business) but in this situation, if you don't owe him money, please don't be so generous.

You need to look out for yourself here, if you want to give him a couple of thousand to sell the truck, as it is a pain and he is your Son, that seems more than generous, but you need those funds, more than he does, he is working.

I'd throw in the new tires on the truck sale and that might get it sold even faster.

The additional funds, aside from helping with the condo, could also be used to buy yourself a less expensive vehicle if you would like to have one.